• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto Rooter on a Mac

Plain and simple, I'm sick of waiting around for Sprint to release a version of 2.1, I want the full android experience. That being said after reading through the root manuals and faqs I still am not sure if it can be done easily on a mac. I'm hoping someone might have some insight for me, or possibly an autorooter that is mac friendly.

I used my Mac to root following along step by step from -- although the author is using a PC, with any basic knowledge of Macs it was really easy to adapt....and I'm a Mac novice.

How To: Root Your Sprint Hero in One Click! (Updated 01.10.10!) | The Unlockr

It was pretty simple. I followed along the video and paused it as I went along. Just use the new recovery image recovery-RA-heroc-v1.6.2.img instead of the one in the video.

If you know how to download files on your mac, mount the SD card, and move files using finder, you can do this. You will have to download a file manager... as stated in the video.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones