1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Auto-rotate stops working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NewArtDroid, Jun 21, 2020.

1. NewArtDroid

NewArtDroid Well-Known Member

I have had my Galaxy Tab S4 for about a year. I love it. One annoying aspect is that just like that, auto rotate stops working until I restart it. Usually stuck in portrait, sometimes in landscape. I always go up and check the settings, and it is still set to Auto-Rotate. I've tried turning it off and turning it back on 30 seconds later but that does not work. The only action that resolves it is to restart the tablet. Does anyone have any suggestions on another way to resolve this problem without restarting the tablet.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

there is nothing in settings or anything else that will fix this issue. this sounds like a software issue rather then a hardware issue. if it is software and rebooting the device does not work then a factory reset might fix the issue.....or flashing a firmware update from https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/.

MrJavi likes this.
  3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Yeah, since auto rotate works after restarting, it would appear to be due to some kind of software-related glitch. But determining just what is the source of the problem isn't really obvious -- the auto rotate feature is integral to the Android operating system itself, but at the same time Samsung implements a lot of deep level alterations to all its devices as a unique branding measure.
    -- Try going into your Settings menu and use the 'Reset Settings' option:
    https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-tab-s4/reset-settings/

If that doesn't fix the problem, try doing a Factory Reset and see if that makes any difference. It's a bit of an extreme measure but since you've already tried disabling/enabling the feature and Reset Settings, the problem doesn't seem to be just a some kind of corrupt settings configuration issue. And since a Reset will wipe you data and settings, it's important to back up all your files and things first. Install Samsung's Smart Switch utility on a computer and use it to make a full backup. It will make doing a restore a lot less of a hassle.
    https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/
    Do this even if you don't want to do a Factory Reset. It's good to have a backup solution set up anyway.

MrJavi, ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  4. Ray Sosher

Ray Sosher Newbie

I guess you probably have to wait for the next update. This is a software bug and only can be fixed if you update or delete this rom and again install it. There is no other way.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (10.5) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (10.5) release date was August 2018. Features and Specs include a 10.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 7300mAh battery.

August 2018
Release Date
Reviews