• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Auto-rotation issues?

tjep

Lurker
Jul 26, 2010
Hi all
Just got my hands on the SGS and I am really liking it... there is, however, one question... does anyone here experience issues with auto-rotation? For me - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't - and I find myself shaking the device to make it work (again - sometimes)... how does this sit with you? Does it ring a bell, or do I have a bad device?

Not having this problem on my side. Although it can take some times (this happens randomly and not very often) to work.

I read here and there that the latest "official" Samsung firmware releases that are "unofficially" made available on some web sites are fixing almost all lag issues (Froyo version is also available through these means).
I haven't tried this solution myself.

Upvote 0
I don't have this problem before but after upgrading the android operating system 2.2 to my SGS. I installed through Samsung Kies but after it has this problem many times. If i go to *#0*# testing mode and select testing sensors then auto rotate is working great. But in google and other many navigation softwares it is not working good now even without installing any third party softwares.
I don't know this happened after upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2. Even I do factory reset twice a times also. But this problem is not solved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones