1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Auto rotation not fix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xerroneous, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Xerroneous

Xerroneous Lurker

I have screen rotation problem,samsung s2 gt-i9100, android version 4.1.2. Screen rotation works sometimes on strange angles. Already tried calibrating but still not fix.

I tried flashing another kernel to solved the problem using SiyahKernel S2-v6.0beta5 but it doesnt rotate anymore no matter how i tilt the phone. I've been repeatedly doing restore factory settings, wipe cache stil not solved.

I've tried dialing *#0*# and go to accelerometer sensor, it seems okay, the needles are moving. I've also tried installing "bubble level" app, the bubble moves, the sensor seems okay.

Again, tried flashing another firmmware XXMS7 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean but still not work.

Is there another solution to this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nottstu

nottstu Newbie

I don't know how to solve your problem but until you can it might be easier to live with if you install ''Adaptive Rotation Lock'' from the play store. When you rotate it pops up a transparent icon in the middle of the screen for a second or two and the screen won't rotate unless you tap it.
    Some other features I can't remember but that's what I ure it for.

Xerroneous likes this.
  3. nottstu

nottstu Newbie

I don't know how to solve your problem but until you can it might be easier to live with if you install ''Adaptive Rotation Lock'' from the play store. When you rotate it pops up a transparent icon in the middle of the screen for a second or two and the screen won't rotate unless you tap it.
    Some other features I can't remember but that's what I use it for.

4. Xerroneous

Xerroneous Lurker

I guess its a hardware problem. Rotations work sometimes on my device. I install adaptive rotation lock and it is a great help :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews