1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Auto speakerphone on incoming calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dan Olson, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Dan Olson

Dan Olson Lurker

I have a note 8 and every time someone calls me it automatically routes to speakerphone as opposed to the earpiece speaker. Does anybody know why this is happening?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by Dan Olson, Aug 12, 2018 (3 points)
  3. marctronixx

clearly this did not happen on the first day you started using the device, so its either a bug or an app that is automatically turning on the speaker.

do you have any recording apps that record conversations? "call recorder" type apps? if so, there may be a setting that turns this function on.

or if you don't,

what did you do to the phone prior to nociting this? did you delete or install an app? did you mess around with any "accessibility" type settings on the phone?

how long have you had the phone? are you new to android? what is your carrier?

are you rooted?

4. Dan Olson

Dan Olson Lurker

You, sir are a genius. I do indeed have a recording app installed ('Call Recorder'), and by default, it has 'turn on speaker automatically' set. I turned it off and *presto* - no more speakerphone activation.

Thank you!

Dan

Achmadsholeh and marctronixx like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 release date was September 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2017
Release Date
Reviews