1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Auto-suggest Dictionary modifications?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sgoldwa, Dec 5, 2009.

1. sgoldwa

sgoldwa Lurker

Hi there. I am loving my Eris and looking forward to the Dec 11 update.

I am just wondering if the auto-suggest dictionary is user-modifiable. I use compact QWERTY (like SureType on BB). When I type "we", what comes out is "qe" which is the default word it wants to use. Perhaps I used it once and saved it? How can I delete the words I don't want popping up anymore (especially the ones I may have added)?

Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BY724

BY724 Well-Known Member

That's a good question, wish I could help you out. Sometimes the auto-correct is really helpful, but other times it is useless. For example, you could accidentally hit the w key before typing a word, and it wouldn't autocorrect it. Kind of annoying.

3. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

I'd like to know the answer for the Sprint HTC Hero. I've accidentally added "corrections" that I'd like to remove from the autocorrect dictionary.

4. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Android Expert

I don't think you can modify the dictionary in 1.5. You can completely reset it, but cannot remove individual words.

With 2.1 you can remove single words you've added.

astrobill likes this.
  5. thenestor

thenestor Android Expert

Agreed. In 1.5, to reset the user dictionary, go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Touch Input and click the "Clear Data" button. In 2.1, you go to Settings>Language & keyboard>Touch Input>User Dictionary to edit, add, or delete words.

chuhsi and astrobill like this.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews