1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Auto Sync App for Mac?? - Sweet Home WiFi Picture Sync compatible with Mac OSX 10.4??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by scudder, Nov 7, 2011.

1. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    Ex-attorney ("retired" at 27)...
    State of Confusion (FL too)
    I'm searching for a Mac-compatible wifi SD card auto sync app. I've found a couple auto sync apps (e.g., My Sync Center and some others) but they mention that they are ONLY compatible with Windows

There is a recent update to the Sweet Home Wifi Picture Sync app in the Market https://market.android.com/details?id=sweesoft.sweethome that I have tried to set up in the past and I CANNOT seem to get it to work with my Mac!

I read through the "Help" notes which provides links to Apple Support pages. There is good information there BUT one of the important pages indicates that the support article is good for OSX 10.5 and 10.6. Problem is, at the moment, I am running OSX 10.4...

So, does anyone know how to set up the Sweet Home app for a Mac and whether it is compatible with OSX 10.4?? If so, I would GREAT appreciate info on the computer setup and app settings!

If not, does anyone know of another sd wifi auto sync app that is compatible with a Mac and not only Windows OS??

THANKS!!

Advertisement

2. cerberusss

cerberusss Member
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    I'd love to know this as well. It seems that the combination of Apple Mac OS X and Android is a pain in the ass.

For instance, doubleSync claims they can do syncing of photos, but when you continue reading, it's only one-way, i.e. copy them off of the phone.

3. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor Member
    None

Nov 29, 2010
    Why won't you upgrade your OS X?

SyncMate can sync your images between Mac and Android but it is compatible with 10.5 and higher...

scudder likes this.
  4. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    That's a GREAT question!!:D:D

Actually, couple issues/reasons...one is that I'm very low on free space on my drive. Secondly, and most important (because I can free up a few GBs if I needed to) is that my PowerBook is 6 years old and has the old PowerPC processor. It's running "OK-ish" and had an issue with on OSX upgrade in the past...don't want to make the computer too upset.

So, still looking for an OSX 10.4 solution for the time being :( Anyone...??

Thanks for the SyncMate mention...will check that out when I'm 10.5'd or higher:) BTW, I thought I read that SyncMate has to be purchased, yes??

Thanks again...

5. cerberusss

cerberusss Member
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    scudder likes this.
  6. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    Pretty cool...appreciate the info...but ANOTHER thing I am gonna be a pain in the ass about is that I don't use and don't want to import into iPhoto :( I just simply want to download my pictures to my computer. I am able to do so with SwiFTP but I have to MANUALLY set that up and drag and drop to copy. I was looking for an automatic sync or upload. So it looks like I need a computer and OSX upgrade at the moment.... :(

7. cerberusss

cerberusss Member
    None

Sep 9, 2011
    OK here's another one. The new Google Plus app can automatically upload your photos to the cloud. The thing is, you probably need Picasa to get them off and that's not available for your old PowerPC based Mac.

Perhaps the laptop upgrade is unavoidable? I'd suggest you go looking for a second hand Macbook. There are plenty of those, quite affordable if you pick the single-core Intels.

8. JRT Studio

JRT Studio Lurker
    None

Sep 4, 2010

Why do you think Cheetah Sync is only compatible with Windows? While it is not compatible with Mac OS 10.4 it is with Mac OS 10.5 and later.

Can you point me to the information that led you to believe otherwise?

Thanks,

Justin

scudder likes this.
  9. scudder

scudder Android Expert
    None

May 21, 2010
    Male
    You are CORRECT...my bad. I had a BUNCH of apps in my list that were Windows-only and I threw Cheetah Sync in there by accident. Got confused with my list of Windows-only vs. OSX 10.5 or higher...sorry!!

I went above and edited my original post...thanks...