• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto sync photo/video to pc...?

DrFroyo

Jun 28, 2011
I thought this would be easy!

I have a Samsung Note, and assumed even Kies would do what I wanted.. but alas no, neither did any of the android or desktop apps! Most desktop apps just want to sync from pc to phone!

I want to come home, enable wifi/Bluetooth on my device, which then starts an auto sync of my photos and videos to my computer.. simle eh, you would think so.. but I cant find any solution to do it!

I don want to have to plug in my cable and drag and drop etc... I just want to use the tech I have and automate this process. Im surely missing something!

I was trying to avoid syncing my phone directly with the cloud.. Id rather sync it to my pc, then keep the pc in sync with cloud storage...

I tend to use skydrive for cloud storage due to having 25gb free.. but If I can use DB to sync to my skyfrive folder on my pc.. that should do the trick...

I just cant believe how much hard work its been to find something I thought should be a standard procedure...

Thanks

Upvote 0
This is the exact problem I have right now.. and now I regret buying Android phone and for shifting from Nokia to Samsung.

I click lot of Photos on my Nokia N8, come home just switch on Bluetooth on Mobile N8 and Nokia PC Suite sync Everything automatically like New Contacts, Photos Videos and everything changed that day.

Kies does it but everything you have connect the phone USB and do it manually. I seriously do not understand why it can not do Automatically and Via BLUETOOTH????

WiFi is there but its costly for us. Unlimited plan is there but hell costly and I do not need that much of Internet to buy and its not affordable for everyone.

I have no other option now but to wait for an update in Kies. Pain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones