• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto Text Reply

D

Deleted User

A while back I was looking through either the stock messaging app or Handcent and saw an option to auto reply to text messages, and you could change the text to make it say whatever you needed it to say. Today I tried looking for that option again and didn't find anything. I searched on the forum but only found other apps that I would need to install in order to do this. Hopefully someone knows what option I am talking about or uses it. If not, I can always use Tasker to do this, but prefer to use the messaging apps. All help is welcomed and appreciated.

Edit: So I found the answer about 30 seconds after posting this. Only for missed calls.
http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/119635-text-option-when-dismissing-call.html#post1116926

A while back I was looking through either the stock messaging app or Handcent and saw an option to auto reply to text messages, and you could change the text to make it say whatever you needed it to say. Today I tried looking for that option again and didn't find anything. I searched on the forum but only found other apps that I would need to install in order to do this. Hopefully someone knows what option I am talking about or uses it. If not, I can always use Tasker to do this, but prefer to use the messaging apps. All help is welcomed and appreciated.

Edit: So I found the answer about 30 seconds after posting this. Only for missed calls.
http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/119635-text-option-when-dismissing-call.html#post1116926

From that thread
Go to Menu > Settings > Call > Phone setting.

Edit: I think it only works with the stock app

Gonna move to tips/tricks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones