1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Auto time zone not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by simon1, Apr 10, 2011.

1. simon1

simon1 Well-Known Member
    None

May 6, 2010
    I travel quite a bit worldwide and my Desire always manages to adjust to the new timezone within a few minutes of arriving and switching it on. However this is now not working. Have just travelled from London to Doha where it failed to reset, and now am in Australia where it has also failed to reset. I have had to make it think my home city is Sydney to get the time correct. I had not changed anything up until then and left automatic ticked under settings. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Advertisement

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert
    None

Jul 23, 2010
    I think different countries use different signals for setting the time, and some countries may have none at all.

I had the same problem in Sydney. My phone never updated and kept asking me to set the time over and over again. However, it works fine in other places.

3. jcrossno

jcrossno Lurker
    None

May 4, 2011
    Principal Product Manager
    USA, Planet Earth
    Not the case with me... I have a LG G2x in OS 2.2 and I flew in the US from Idaho to California, T-Mobile in both cases, and it didn't change on the phone, although, when I turned it on after landing I would swear that it said it was changing zones. I didn't pay it that much attention.... Until my alarm went off an hour early this morning.

Tags: