• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Auto wifi switching to stronger Wi-Fi network not happening

In my office I have 2 routers with different networks, Initially I will connect to Router A, and after some time I move toward router B area. Device doesn't connect to Router B even if I am closer to Router B. Its still showing Router A connection and signal strength with router A is not good. I have to connect it manually to router B. Any solutions?

In my office I have 2 routers with different networks, Initially I will connect to Router A, and after some time I move toward router B area. Device doesn't connect to Router B even if I am closer to Router B. Its still showing Router A connection and signal strength with router A is not good. I have to connect it manually to router B.

Unfortunately WiFi was never designed to operate like that, i.e. where you can randomly roam around between various WiFi routers and be always connected.

Any solutions?

Yes there is, it's called mesh WiFi networks. To implement it, your office would need to upgrade their routers to devices that support mesh WiFi. We have mesh WiFi were I work and live, and I can walk anywhere on the campus and be always connected to the school network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones