1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Autobrightness Calibration

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Stuntman, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Are there any apps that allow me to calibrate the autobrightness on my phone? I find that the autobrightness is only set correctly if I'm out in the sun. When indoors, it is too bright for me.

Right now, I use a widget that allows me to manually change the brightness level. It would be nice if I can go out in the sun, calibrate the brightness setting for that high light level, go inside and calibrate the brightness setting for that medium light level, and then go into a pitch black room to calibrate the brightness setting for low light.

Advertisement

2. fade2green514

fade2green514 Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    unless your phone is rooted you currently cannot go below a certain brightness level. if your phone IS rooted you can use adj brightness (free on market) to adjust the level much much lower than the android's default minimum setting. i do this for when im in the pitch black but i also try to save battery life when im in a brighter area.

what i mean to say is, the reason it seems too bright in the pitch black is because the android OS will not allow it to get any dimmer.

3. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    The problem I have is with auto brightness being too bright in indoor conditions. I have to turn auto brightness off to get the brightness level to what I want. I just would like to use auto brightness calibrated to my liking. Manually selecting the brightness works fine.