1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support autobrightness malfunctioning after 2.2 update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by club968, May 24, 2010.

1. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Whatever I can do to pay for more phones
    Scottsdale
    I've developed a strange problem. My autobrightness function does not operate correctly since the update to 2.2. It brightens up in well lit areas, however when returning to a dark room, the brightness stays at maximum until I lock and unlock the phone. It then goes to the dimmest setting but as soon as I walk outside and the screen brightness returns to maximum, it stays there again until I lock and unlock the phone. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Anyone have a solution? It was working correctly before the update....

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Pompey, UK
    What happens if you stick your thumb over the sensor?

3. club968

Dec 27, 2009
    Scottsdale
    The screen still stays very bright. I've tried rebooting and doing a factory reset. Still same issues.

4. garddog32

garddog32 Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Male
    Milwaukee, WI
    I believe this is how it is supposed to work by design. There were complaints about the auto dimming feature making the screen jump from dark to light in certain situations. Now, the sensor will set the brightness according to the room at the time you unlock. If you go to a brighter room, the screen will brighten... but it will never dim unless you lock and unlock again. I see the value, but prefer the other method.

5. club968

Dec 27, 2009
    Scottsdale
    Is this how it works for you too then. If this is the new way at least I'm glad nothings broken then. I do have to say though, that I preferred the other way better....thanks for the info.

Tags: