1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Autocorrect questions

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by maralane, Aug 17, 2016.

1. maralane

maralane Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2016
    I recently got an LG K7 (my first smartphone!) and was wondering if you can delete a word from the built-in autocorrect, not a word added to the personal dictionary...Every time I type in "omg" it autocorrects to "OMG", and yeah I'm excited, but not That excited haha.

Also, I want to know if there's a way that I can type "i've" without it autocorrecting to "I've"...I can't add it to my personal dictionary since apostrophes are invalid characters to add. Every time I try to type a lowercase i've it takes a Lot longer than expected.

Sorry if these questions have been answered before, I tried looking but couldn't really find anything exact...thanks for reading and the help!

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    The in-built autocorrect will be part of the LG keyboard app, and as I've never used one I can't say for sure what it's options are. But if the option exists it will be in the keyboard settings - don't be surprised if it doesn't though, since usually you cannot edit this.

Does adding "omg" to the custom dictionary not help with that one? Another option, as always with Android, is to use a different keyboard: I've just checked and SwiftKey does allow me to remove anything at all from the predictions (just long press on the prediction and it offers to remove it - maybe try that with the LG keyboard, just in case?).

I'm curious about why you want to go to such effort to type "I've" incorrectly though? To me it seems odd to go to such lengths in order to introduce a grammatical error (old pedant here ;)).

Dannydet and maralane like this.
  3. maralane

maralane Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2016
    Thanks for the answer!
    It completely slipped my mind to add "omg" to the personal dictionary! I did and "OMG" still comes up as the first suggestion, but I figure if I type it enough the suggestion will probably change.

Also haha it seems a little silly, I know! On a couple of social media sites I type in all lowercase so I just wanted to keep it consistent, it's not that big of a deal though. (But I still do find it very annoying when I try!!)

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    omg ive seen it all now!