1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root autokiller memory optimizer & juice defender

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmedno5891, Apr 29, 2012.

1. jmedno5891

jmedno5891 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 15, 2012
    California
    Anyone use these on the marquee and find them useful in helping performance/battery life? If so what kind of setting should be run with them? I've already got my phone rooted with cwm, MBv2, and the oc kernel and am now trying to see if there is anything else that can possibly help with performance/battery.

Advertisement

2. mvaness

mvaness Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    Wisconsin
    There really is quite a bit of difference of opinion on whether autokiller type apps work, based on how the android system operates. I had the same question myself, and I have decided not to use them. Try a search in the general AF forum and you will see.

the short story is that android is quite good at allocating memory, and at clearing unused apps when more memory is needed.. And using these types of apps may drain your battery more, because they are always on, and you're actually using CPU cycles when you otherwise wouldn't. If an app needs to be on, it will restart, and then an autokiller turns it off. then the app starts again, and the the autokiller turns it off. Repeat... This, in the opinion of some, drains your battery faster.

Try them yourself, and test it out. But like a I said, there is a lot of info and different opinions available in the general area. Best thing to do is read up on the debate and decide for yourself.

Edit: Here is a link that might shed some light on it for you...

http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

hope this helps...

jmedno5891 likes this.
Tags: