1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Automatic Brightness not adjusting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twondog22, May 23, 2010.

1. twondog22

twondog22 Newbie

coming out of standby my phones brightness is always very bright and not dimmed appropriately... any1 else experiencing this????

i go to the display options in the settings and uncheck then recheck automatic brightness and the screen dims appropriately ....but once i turn the screen off and back on the problem returns

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DFRESH

DFRESH Android Enthusiast

If I were you...I'd un-check auto brightness...why? it eats up your battery....

I have mine set manually ...

3. astrobill

astrobill Well-Known Member

The auto-brightness on my 2.1 Hero appears to do SOMETHING. It almost looks like it does a one-time change to brightness, but then doesn't adjust in response to lighting changes after that.

Perhaps they turned down the rate of adjustment? I remember it used to adjust all over the place under 1.5...a little TOO much if I remember correctly.

That's why we need a more exhaustive list of every change they made that what's been let out so far...so we can distinguish what's a bug and what's a "new" feature.

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews