1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

AUTOMATIC ICS PUSH at the end of September. Can anyone confirm this? PLEASE HELP.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rickyrazorwire, Aug 16, 2012.

1. rickyrazorwire

I just got a fresh S2 because of the messed up ICS update. The employee told me that all S2 phone wernge going to automatically up date to ICS at the end on next month. I asked if I rooted could I prevent the update. And he said I could. I already know how to root my current OS. My question is, once i'm rooted how can I stop the update notifications?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bencurt24

bencurt24 Well-Known Member

I got a new phone because of ICS too. Did you get it covered on your insurance? If you root it and something goes wrong you can no longer get another phone to replace that one from sprint. once its rooted it voids any warranty. I'm trying to avoid the ICS update too.

3. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

I got the ICS push a few weeks ago, HATED IT and flashed back to GB then removed the root so I'm back to a factory fresh Samsung Touch. Since reverting I started receiving the pop-up to upgrade, I declined repeatedly and after incessant pop-ups for 2 days they've stopped.

Because the upgrade disables the phone during the process, it is doubtful that Sprint would FORCE our phones to accept it. Also, can't really think of ANY reason why Sprint would be compelled to FORCE an update. I mean, yes they'll most likely blame ALL FUTURE problems that we might report on the fact that we've opted out of the update, but really why would they care if we want to maintain GB?

4. bencurt24

bencurt24 Well-Known Member

The person i talked to at sprint said you could decline the update for awhile but after some time it would auto update.... not that she is right but thats just what she said.

5. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

Doubt that will happen, but if it does it will give me grounds for a replacement phone. :dancing2:

6. jeeptecb

jeeptecb Member

i was in a Sprint store today because i have some isues with my phone. 1 is something the phone has been doing for a while. poor video sound quality and the other is glitchy use and poor battery life since the ics upgrade.the store there offered to flash mine back to gigerbread but i had to go and back everything up on a p.c.. they didnt say anything about a forced update. many have been complaning about ics.and of cousre they wont let you upgrade to a phone that was designed for ics . even thought there forced the upgrade on us. the upgrade has made an enjoyable to a non enjoyble phone.i remembering reading the reviews about ics on the non u.s. version the reviewers just loving it. so somewhere there is something lost in the u.s. software or the each phone carrier did a tweak and screwed it up.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews