• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help automatic login to networks requiring personal name/pass

jrs03n

Lurker
Apr 7, 2010
To access the wireless at my university the network is 'open' but you have to sign in (personal user name and pass) via a login webpage prior to actually being connected to the wifi. It's kind of annoying to have to do this every time instead of the phone just connecting to the network.

So two options that I am wondering would be possible:

1. best case, somehow it can automatically sign into the network once it is detected (e.g. run a script which enters login/pass to webpage)

2. at least have the user name and pass remembered (i cant figure out how to have it remember logins).

Any help would be great, #2 should be possible I just haven't figured it out yet; #1 maybe not but I hope that would be super sweet! Thanks!

**I should note, I have disabled cell tower data transfer (reason I bought the nexus one so I didn't have to pay $30 a month when wifi is everywhere!). So accessing wifi is the only way I get data connection; hence the importance of directly/automatically connecting ;)

***Here is a link to a forum where it looks like someone presents a solution for a computer; I'm not sure if this can be extended to the N1:
Execute script upon connection to certain wireless network - The macosxhints Forums

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones