• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Automatic Network Time Update

Classie

Lurker
Oct 30, 2011
I have the Samsung Galaxy S. My Hubby has the HTC something.of We're both on Orange. His phone has automatically updated to the correct time but mine has not. I can manually go to settings, take off the 'automatic preference' and update to the correct GMT time. aAs soon as I tick the automatic preference again then the time reverts back to BST although its quoting as GMT +0! I've switched off and on but the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Hi Classie,

Ok so i had my on 'Automatic Update' last night and i was up and kept an eye just to make sure it worked. Here's what happened .....

I picked up the phone and i noticed that i had 2 different times showing on the phone, on my home screen i have Beautiful Widgets [with clock and weather] the widget was showing the BST but the clock on the Notification bar was 31mins SLOW.

What happened was that the clock had STOPPED itself in order to 'put the clock back' which i thought had gone wrong but i didn't suss that bit out till later :--( so i went into manual settings and reset it myself.

So i'm assuming that if i had just left it the 'stopped' notification clock would start again once it got to 1hr behind - i'm not quite sure how the widget would have sorted itself but i will know next time to leave it to work its own magic -- who needs humans hey ?????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones