• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Automatic Outgoing DCB Texts

alphanoninc

Lurker
Dec 29, 2013
My Nexus 5 is periodically sending outgoing texts without my request to the short code 1505. The messages contain a strange DCB code. Examples:

DCB_ASSOCIATION:40f27dbdbe8c1764a74c920

DCB_ASSOCIATION:40f29bfb726f5c128d555d2

Both these messages were sent without my request yesterday 12/28 at 1:25p. Does anyone have an idea as to why my phone is sending them and what they mean?

Thanks ahead of time.

Reactions: mdr8shnchic
Upvote 0
I just started getting them on my Samsung S4 with AT&T. From what I've read, it happens across most carriers and phones. I just find it weird that many people claim that it's due to Google Play. Yet I can't seem to find an article directly from Google or Google Play about it. If anyone out there has the link to validate this phenomenon, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded a new app and it went through Google Play, and then I got a text shortly thereafter with the DCB message......which brought me here. So either Google Play is sending it as a download confirmation, or the carrier is sending it as a purchase confirmation, even though the app was free, it had to run through my Google Play account first.

Upvote 0
My Nexus 5 is periodically sending outgoing texts without my request to the short code 1505. The messages contain a strange DCB code. Examples:

Both these messages were sent without my request yesterday 12/28 at 1:25p. Does anyone have an idea as to why my phone is sending them and what they mean?

Thanks ah
I think that i got this because i accidentally clicked on some button in google play that lets you purchase things and get billed by your phone carrier.

ead of time.
Me too...

Thanks ahead of time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones