1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Automatic restart (not random reboot)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oneG, Aug 9, 2012.

1. oneG

Can anyone explain why when i turm my Admire off and plug it into any power source, USB or AC, it automatically powers on?

No im not talking about the battery screen...i mean it boots up without touching the power button....this is annoying becuz the phone charges faster when its off but it wont stay off

im using Stock++ and wont change ROMS becuz everything else is problematic and buggy....or Samsung just makes crap ass low-level devices

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Diego1593

Diego1593 Android Enthusiast

just update 2.3.6 version of this phone its way better then any rom is super smooth and long lasting battery

3. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

This is just a feature of the admire. You can try plugging it in while it's on and then turning it off. It should stay off.

4. oneG

tried...wont stay off...where do i turn this feature off?

5. oneG

um...it came with 2.3.6...thats not an update...or am i missing something???

6. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

He's just saying the battery life is better with the update. And hmmm idk. I was able to get it to stay off once while charging but I don't know how i did it

7. Happens to me to...

Sent from my Samsung Admire Running P.U.T.U 2.2

8. its a prob with some of the roms monster 4 and a couple others if you pull the battery sometimes that works or change roms

9. Cuzuaintme

Cuzuaintme Well-Known Member

It has something to do with the pins that distinguish computer charging and AC adapter charging. Seeing how our charger is a microUSB and doesnt connect to the wall, but needs the adapter it confuses the phone? Well, I googled a solution to this about a month or two ago and to fix simply charge your phone with a computer directly, and promptly switch to the adapter and it should stay powered off while charging.

Tl;dr
    Charge with computer while off for a few seconds,(if it powers on turn off the phone) then charge through wall outlet.

Bare with me, didn't test this recently but do something along those lines and you'll be straight.

oneG likes this.
  10. oneG

[SOLVED] simply hold the power button down during boot no matter what power source....no switching required....

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews