1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

automatic screenshots

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by greenlist11, Dec 19, 2011.

1. greenlist11

greenlist11 Lurker

My htc sensation is taking automatic screenshots. It incredibly annoying. Is there a setting that can undo this? Also, sometimes when I hit the power button to activate my screen or to make the screen go black, the home screen comes back on. And just today, whenever I hit the home key, a live weather app comes on. Please help! I would like these things to go back to the way they were!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. peterc10

peterc10 Android Enthusiast

If you hit the power button and home button together it will take a screen shot. It is a feature of the new version of Sense. If it happens when you hit "home" then take the back off the phone and just clean up the power button mechanism. It is on a little spring that sometimes sticks a bit, which makes the phone think you are touching it. I suspect that is also the cause of your home screen coming back or not - the power button is sticking a bit.

Not sure on the live weather bit.

3. Phantogenic

Phantogenic Android Enthusiast

Are you running a stock or custom rom?

4. mbatson89

mbatson89 Android Enthusiast

I still have reservations about this being a physical spring issue. I had the issue with my power button double pressing and turning the screen back on straight after turning it off.

The issues was still present when i rooted and installed a stock ROM, but disappeared completely when i switched kernel. Thought it may have been fluke so switched back to the HTC kernel and the issue was present, fixed again by changing kernel and has been as good as gold since.

I am 99% certain this is software related as to take screen shots when pressing power, would also have to involved the phone believing that the 'home' button had been pressed.

5. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

This is NOT a physical spring issue...my sensation is also doing this 'screenshot' thing randomly and the power button isn't stuck.

It only started happening after the last update.

6. alek_73

alek_73 Well-Known Member

Because the Screenshot function was not present before....

7. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member

And hence why it must be the update causing it or there would be issues with the power switching to the power down memo, but there wasnt.

8. peterc10

peterc10 Android Enthusiast

It is not the updated software otherwise we would all have it. I installed the new software as soon as it was available and have never had this problem before or after doing so.

My original post was in reply to the OP's list of symptoms. You will see that he was also having other problems when he hit the power button. And what is it going to cost to take the back off and try it?

9. mbatson89

mbatson89 Android Enthusiast

i'm not suggesting he shouldn't try, just wanted to voice my reservations about it being hardware related given that i can flash kernel that will cause the issue and flash a different kernel that can fix it every time

HTC Sensation 4G Forum

The HTC Sensation 4G release date was 8th June. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

8th June
Release Date
Reviews