1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

automatic time

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaybo1973, Oct 13, 2011.

1. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Android Expert
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    Nottinghamshire
    HI guys

I have never had any issues with the time on my phone before. Until today. My phone shut down and when I switched it back on, the date said 1980. The time was wrong too. Any ideas?

Cheers

Advertisement

2. Nasalhair

Nasalhair Guest
    None
    They do that by default. Check in your settings under Date & Time that you have "Automatic" ticked. This means as soon as your phone connects to the network (e.g. Vodafone, Orange, O2...) it picks the time up from there.

3. jaybo1973

jaybo1973 Android Expert
    None

Aug 27, 2010
    Nottinghamshire
    Yeah. It is still on automatic. Never been un ticked. I guess it Is 3 being crap again

4. Nasalhair

Nasalhair Guest
    None
    If you're rooted there is an app you can download from the Market called ClockSync. If you have wifi or mobile network enabled ClockSync will connect to an atomic clock and sync your phone clock with the atomic clock automatically. If you're not rooted it won't auto-sync (an Android restriction, according to the app) but will show you what the time should be. Maybe that will help?

BTW I use this myself and have rooted but not installed any custom ROMs - still running the HTC developer version of 2.3, just that I rooted it via Revolutionary (took about 5 minutes and was completely painless.)

Tags: