• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

automatically changing international access code

HTC-HTC

Lurker
Feb 25, 2011
hi

i am a newbie, and just got my brand new htc desire hd phone...

one of things i couldn't figure out was how to automatically prefix an international dialling access code...

essentially, to make cheap international calls, i want to prefix the phone number with a code (e.g. 018, or 008 or something like that) - this prefix works only for calls, not for SMS, so for international SMS I have to use "+"

what i want to do is to automatically replace the + with a prefix code like 018 when making a call...

is this possible?

Hmm i don't really know if there is a solution for this...
But why don't you just change all the numbers to numbers with + prefixes?? The + prefix works both for calls and SMS messages (national and international)!

Cheers

all my contacts are prefixed with + already

what i want to do is:
for calls - prefix with 018
for sms - prefix with +

is there a way to do this automatically without having to edit the number each time, because that is very tedious...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones