• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Automatically save to SD card Pixi 7

TDC7729

Lurker
Feb 17, 2018
I have an ALCATEL ONETOUCH Pixi 7 running android 5.0.2 (lollipop) but it doesn't have much storage space. So I installed an Samsung 64 GB Evo micro SD which works fine. I have some of my apps on there and they work fine. My problem is lately I've been taking a lot of video and I'll always be halfway through a video when it stops and complains that there is not enough device storage space. If I could get it to save the video directly on to my SD card it would be fine, I have about 62 GB on there. But it insists on saving it to device storage. I have already moved all my photos to SD card but there's still not enough space on device.

Help would be appreciated
-TD

Try going through your Apps and moving the ones you can to your SD card. Apps that are not in your program apps will ask you if you want to move the information to your SD card. Review the Downloaded, on SD card and All. Also while your looking clear the cache you have used. It mounts up fast. Look through your storage. If you haven't turned off your phone since adding the SD card, do that too. FYI; I run everything through Google Chrome, so I use very few 3rd party apps. I get all my apps through the Google Play Store. Google makes it easy 2 clear your cache & history in the Google Settings. My Son is the IT CEO for a large medical company. He attends regular FBI training meetings & has professional hackers come into his company to try & break into his system. He has told me to do everything through Google, even though Microsoft own's Bing. Google is the safest and after being hacked twice, I do what he says. Glad I had him to whip my system clean.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones