• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Autoreply for texting

2horses

Android Enthusiast
May 11, 2010
New Braunfels, TX
I think I read it on here a while back, but can't find the post, about setting up an autoreply for texting. Something along the lines of "I am currently driving and cannot read nor respond to your message," that you turn on and off like an email "Out of Office" reply. Anyone know if there is an app that does this?

Check out OTTER (One Touch Text Response). We've been getting great reviews from the tech community and from our users. We have two texting management options:

1) OTTER (Full Version) "Answers texts, saves time, saves lives..."
Features:

• One Touch Text Response
  • Auto-reply w/ timer
  • Editable/grouped responses
  • Parental Control (GPS based & Pass code protected for teens)
  • GPS Mode: Silences incoming text & call ring tone alerts
  • $3.99 - no recurring fees

2) OTTER-urban "Streamline your texting life..."

• Auto-reply with timer
  • $1.99 - no recurring fees
"For the user that does not want GPS features that silence text and incoming ring tone alerts while driving."

Here are a couple of links to demo videos - ones ours, the is independent...

Erik Wood, owner
OTTER LLC
Otter - One Touch Text Response

Reactions: 2horses
Upvote 0
I looks like we are... otter - Search Android Apps on AppBrain

Why do you like app brain over the Google Market? Just curious...

Erik
OTTER LLC

Appbrain is just a very easy and pretty way to find apps from a PC. There is no "real" way to access the Android Market from a computer. Unless I am mistaken we have Androlib and Appbrain but thats it.

OTTER-lite
by OTTER
1,000 downloads, 9 ratings (4.5 avg)
Free
rating9.png

OTTER-urban
by OTTER
50 downloads, 5 ratings (3.4 avg)
$1.99
rating7.png

OTTER
by OTTER
100 downloads, 20 ratings (3.9 avg)
$3.99
rating8.png

GMB

Reactions: OTTERapp
Upvote 0
") OTTER-urban "Streamline your texting life..."

• Auto-reply with timer
  • $1.99 - no recurring fees
"For the user that does not want GPS features that silence text and incoming ring tone alerts while driving."

I downloaded the Urban version, but it still mutes everything. I created my own response and enabled it, but I don't see how to set a timer for it? I also do not get the one-touch text response, you have to first open the app and then turn it off or on - it would be nice if it included an on/off toggle widget that you could put on a homescreen instead of the entire app.

Upvote 0
OK - here are some answers, 2 Horses:

• First, if you tap and hold any of your customized responses, it pops up the options to Edit or Set Auto Reply. If you select Set Auto Reply, then you have the options of leaving it on Manually or there are a number of timer options as well. I like to leave the reply on Manually and then its easy to toggle your Auto Reply on and off by checking and unchecking the Enable OTTER box.
  • Manual Mode (aka One Touch Text Response) is activated by simply checking Enable OTTER - and its the only box checked. This mode is built for someone working at their desk, for example, who wants to stay semi connected to their texts but wants to just tap one of their three Auto Replies. Whichever one of your groups is selected will dictate which three One Touch options pop up. (Its in the demo video too)
  • Any of the modes silences all incoming text rings and buzzes. They also silence your phone incoming call ringtone unless you are using a wireless bluetooth. The only exception to this is Manual Mode. Everything is silenced but the screen lights up so someone will notice a new text and have a chance to tap one of their three reply tabs. We found that alot of users are tapping Enable OTTER (Manual Mode) before entering a movie theater or a meeting as its a faster way to silence alerts and OTTER always return the phone to its previous settings when deactivated.
Does this help?

Erik Wood, owner
OTTER LLC

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones