• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AUX support

I got a problem. When i connect my phone (alcatel ot990) with some device via AUX cable my phone dont recogize them as headphones and dont want to reproduce music. :thinking: can somebody help me?

Welcome to the forums, cicko.

I see there's some discussion of the 990 here in the 980 device forum, so I moved your thread here.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping you've tested the cable to be sure it's not defective.

What is the device you're connecting the Alcatel to?

Upvote 0
dear all

i have this problem too on my alcatel 990. all headphones work fine. but when i plug in a cable to use it as an aux out to my car stereo or anything at all, nothing happens - it doesn't recognise that i'veplugged anything in. when i plug in headphones, a small headphones icon appears and the sound it routed to the headphes. when i plug in a cable that has an identical plug (stereo jack), nothing happens.

is this a problem with the phone or with the android firmware (2.2 on this phone i think)?

thanks for any help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones