1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips auxilary port connection

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zukyota, Jun 19, 2011.

1. zukyota

zukyota Lurker
    None

Mar 4, 2011
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I haven't learned to navigate this site yet. My question is I have an 07 camry & it has an auxiliary port. What size aux cable do I need for the droid x? Can I use this to listen to music through my speakers? Where is the best place to buy the cable?

Advertisement

2. mach1man

mach1man Android Expert
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    woods of VA
    just a normal 3.5mm cable. Radio shack or best buy will have them. heck even wal-mart

zukyota likes this.
  3. jeffyh

jeffyh Newbie
    None

Dec 21, 2010
    If you have some money to spare, consider this...

Griffin Bluetrip AUX

They used to have it on their website that they were soon releasing a Bluetrip aux w FM transmitter built in also if that interests you.

I hate going direct with AUX cables since the sound can get distorted and you have to keep switching your volume to ~80%. I'm not using the bluetrip but will definately be buying it when my current setup goes.

I've been using a bluetooth receiver plugged into a pre-amp with a line out, and the sound is definitely better. I've heard mixed reviews about the bass handing of the bluetrip though, some say it's great, others say its non-existently. But the fact that people are getting bass must mean that there's some flaw in the other's setups/equipment.