• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail 2] Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.3.7

Clockworkmod Recovery 6.0.3.7

Download the Z992.zip
Root your phone with Cydia Impactor
Extract recovery.img to the root of your sdcard
Open terminal emulator or use adb to enter the following commands one line at a time
su
dd if=/storage/sdcard0/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17

You can then reboot into recovery by turning the phone off and holding vol up while pressing the power button. It could also be vol down and power.

Bugs.
The recovery cannot reboot or shutdown YOU MUST BATTERY PULL TO GET OUT OF RECOVERY.
Mounting USB storage to pc does not work.
The recovery displays an error message about “no file contexts” this can be safely ignored.

Upvote 0
Thank you its much appreciated. I just can't get windows to recognize the device anymore, it says its curropted. I have the stock z992 files for anyone who needs them.
hi guy , I have a z992 which I bricked accidentally by renaming "framework-res.apk" to "framework-res.apk.bak" .I don't know how to put the z992 in fastboot mode and could you send me please the link to the stock rom with a little tutorial
Need yours help

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones