• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail] ClockWorkMod Recovery for Non-Rooted Avail [permanent]

stayboogy

Android Expert
Jun 15, 2012
ClockWorkMod Recovery for UN-Rooted Avail

[do not re-post this on any other forum site--i developed this, and i'm entitled to this request]
[should you decide to disobey, link back to this original thread at least--i'm still going to report you here and there]

installs from the stock recovery menu and it is permanent

Avail_stock_recovery_update.zip

Avail_ext-update.zip

Avail_fat-update.zip

users without sd-ext partition:
you may use either build--both are compatible with such a setup

users with sd-ext partition:
use the build that corresponds to the format of your sd-ext partition, ie. ext for ext type formatted partitions, fat for fat/fat32 type formatted partitions

1) download the appropriate build for your needs--use a pc; should you use another method i do not guarantee it will work

2) rename to update.zip and copy to the root of your sdcard--do not edit, extract, etc. or it will fail to install

3) reboot your phone into recovery--turn off, hold menu and volume up, and turn on while holding keys

4) choose "apply sdcard:update.zip"--the update.zip will be installed

5) after installation, choose "reboot system now"--immediately begin holding menu and volume up again until the new recovery loads

You now have ClockWorkMod Recovery on your UN-Rooted Avail

[if for any reason you wish to go back to stock recovery, download the Avail_stock_recovery_update.zip from above and install from CWM Recovery]

SPECIAL THANKS

**valueforvalue for his help in the updater-script**
**koush for cwm recovery**

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones