1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Avail] package is corrupted error?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kthnx0rz, Aug 19, 2012.

1. kthnx0rz

kthnx0rz Lurker

hey guys i keep getting this error with my at&t avail. when i first got the phone i rooted it with no problem with the guide on this forum but then i decided to change back to the stock rom and unroot it temporarily. then i decided i wanted to reroot it the way it was but now everytime i try to use the OTA update, it says ''package is corrupted..phone will now reboot''. and when i try to use the stock t-card method on this forum it won't work either when i select the system updates option on the about phone part of the menu. it just reboots the phone in a loop and never uses the .img or zip files that are on the sdcard to rewrite the rom. does anyone know what this is all about? :thinking:

*also the phone will not erase ANYTHING on the device even when i go to settings>privacy>factory data reset --- it just retains all my info and icons on the home screen, etc. all the phone does is reboot.

please help!!!!!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

At&t, in the past 3 wks, PUSHED an update to the Avail. I saw the phone light up and pulled the battery when it said Firmware Update available. If you took that update, that may be why you're having the issue. It's no big secret AT&T isn't happy with ZTE. If you have CWR on the phone and made a Nan, you should be able to restore it by booting into CWR. (Clockwork Recovery)

ZTE Merit Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews