1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Avail] [ROM] MH 1.0 (based on one.two) WIP: UPDATE-06/02/12

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Motorhead1991, May 11, 2012.

1. Motorhead1991

Motorhead1991 Android Expert

First off, let me start by saying that this is already nearly complete, thanks to Anthony062991's one.two ROM, so look forward to it soon.

New things included:
    modified OC script (1.15ghz)
    modified SDreadahead script (set to 4096)
    modified boot.img (current project)
    -this, if done properly, will move the dalvik cache to the empty /dev partition, freeing up space in /data (I've got 74 user apps on my Avail)
    modified recovery.img (is this necessary?)

Apps included:
    One.two app list
    ROMtoolbox lite (I will contact Jrummy and ask)
    Onycom calender widget
    Roy solberg data counter widget (free version)
    Smanager ads in /data (great for writing scripts)

Any more apps you guys would like to see?

I'll post the link once it's done and can verify that the cache is moving properly

ROMs:
    MH-1.0 untested

chrismbrunner, zajchik and mikec628 like this.
  2. Motorhead1991

Changelog:
    06/02/12: MH-1.0 does not contain the modified boot image, as I am not done with it (call it a beta, if you will). Once I get the boot image working properly, 1.0.1 will be released, or an update package with the new image, I'm not sure yet.
    Notify me if any problems arise with 1.0, because I haven't tested it. If I didn't rely on this phone daily, I would have.

06/07/12: I can personally confirm that Anthony's "Kernel1.0" works with my ROM (I don't see why it wouldn't...).

I've also been studying up on kernel modules lately, so that could open up some fun stuff ;). I still need to figure out how to write kernels, but I'm nearing the end of my data allotment this month, so I can't download source just yet.

Also, I haven't done anything with VIP yet, but I intend to.

zajchik likes this.
  3. zajchik

zajchik Member

I am glad that I have seen that we have another ROM. But the fact that worries me if you have it worked on the basis one.two whether the ROM and have a problem with SMS?
    Regarding Apss anda is better to leave the users to choose what they want to install, and keep as many internal memory. I would recommend that you just say GO LAUNCER and output the set as defaulf say ADW or LAUNCER PRO. I honestly GO LAUNCER most suitable, but the hardware requirements of this phone can not pass.
    When it comes to dam kernel that you tested it, and benchmark tests show the result with him taller. If not, not ask him, because he lost pace one.three one.two because of the kernel. I have tried all ROMs and anthony062991 one.two best, but the above error with SMS I use it longer.
    sits hope I helped you when it comes to your future work on ROM. I am quite often on the forum waiting for us to do anthony062991 ROM for the roamer who attempted to rearrange for us, but it does not seem to be fixed.
    Sorry for the bad english.

4. mikec628

mikec628 Member

I would like if you could keep the stock camera in this one. I have played around with other APP cameras and im not really likeing any that i have seen that can do what the stock cam can do. But thanks for all that your doing here. One more thing would it be possable or can it even be done. A ROM with ICS themed for our phones.

5. zajchik

zajchik Member

Best apk which I tried, when it comes to the camera, the camera 360th Try the excellent.

6. Motorhead1991

@zajchik: I can't really do anything.for you non-US residents yet, but if I can get the boot.img working the way I want, I can certainly give it a shot.

@mikec628: I'll try the stock camera again (I actually like camera ICS), but like my above statement, the boot.img is my main focus.

If anyone knows how to write a proper one, any help would be appreciated. Google wasn't very helpfull on the matter.

zajchik likes this.
  7. mikec628

mikec628 Member

Ive been looking at that app in the market. Ill give it a shot and see.

8. mazopanda

mazopanda Lurker

You should try doing some benchmarks. I really want to know if the OC really is working.

9. Motorhead1991

My best time running Super Pi at 128k was around 145 seconds I think... I don't have the data anymore.

As for the ROM, I've made some progress (I think) with the boot image... I still can't get it to boot yet though.

10. mikec628

mikec628 Member

How is things coming along with your build.

11. Motorhead1991

I've been distracted with life recently, but I have been looking into the issue with my boot image and haven't found my answer.

12. Arliman

Arliman Newbie

Wish you luck on it, man. I've been checking back every day. I'm using one.three from that other guy and it was okay for a bit, but it's just really slow now most of the time and laggy. The phone itself isn't the fastest of course, but part of it is that rom. I want to change it, but I figured I'd wait and see if you brought yours out soon.

13. Motorhead1991

It's mostly school for me, but my girlfriend's got major stuff going on... I don't know how much faster this will be compared to the CWM ROMs, but we'll see :D

14. mikec628

mikec628 Member

Just checking in with you to see how your new build is coming along. I wish i know more about this stuff so i could figure out how to build one. Anywho good luck and we all are looking foward to it.

15. Motorhead1991

ROM is up! Please read the changelog in the second post for more information.

zajchik likes this.
  16. zajchik

zajchik Member

there is a problem with the installation program. Not a single program to be installed. Problem with SMS is still present. :( :(

17. Motorhead1991

Sounds like I need to check the updater script...

EDIT: Looks like it works with AT&T phones. I haven't done anything with VIP yet.

18. zajchik

zajchik Member

My God, did not guess that the VIP Serbia ROM so much harder to make that transformation from AT & T rom.
    MH-1.0 as one.two and I think that the problem with the SMS in some of the programs that are unistal with stock Rom. When extrinsic restore APN shows me that I had one error file. It is this file that is missing to make Roamer compatibility with future one.two and MH-1.0.
    'll wait for you improve problem with installing the program, so I'll test it further in order to help you to make as better.

19. Motorhead1991

Any and all feedback is appreciated :).

Relevent to the thread:
    I tried modifying the image again... No luck. I should try it in a ROM folder and see if a blank slate will help.

20. mikec628

mikec628 Member

I just downloaded your ROM. I have not installed it yet. Im going to try later today. I take it you load it the same as 1.2. Is there any thing i need to load also with it like (no frills). Did you put any thing eles in to the build other then what you stated above.

21. Motorhead1991

Nope, no surprises. It doesn't have Kernel1.0 in it yet... I should just try writing my own... ;)

22. NeoDraven

NeoDraven Member

I installed this ROM, and it is no workie. I mean, it boots and all, but it is quite broken. Every time I try to install DropBox, it crashes the entire system. I cannot overclock past 600Mhz (which is why I wanted to try this in the first place), and there is no web browser installed.

I hope you do get this working properly. 1.2Ghz would be nice.

23. mikec628

mikec628 Member

Ok sounds like a winner to me. Have you tried benchmarking your OC to see if there really is any improvement. With the 1.0 Kernel i had the same reading as other peaple, (slower then stock). Have you played around with any of the CM9 ROMS.

24. NeoDraven

NeoDraven Member

Well, damn. It's even worse than I feared. I cannot even install Titanium Backup now, and Clockwork Recovery freezes and doesn't let me restore.

Dammit, dammit, dammit.

25. NeoDraven

NeoDraven Member

Maybe I spoke too soon. I did a Factory Reset, and it allowed me to install TiBu, DropBox and No-Frills CPU Control. It still shows the max clock speed as 600Mhz, though. Wasn't this ROM supposed to include a kernel to overclock it?

Just wondering. Once this ROM is fully working the way that you have planned for it, it's going to kick ass.

On a related note, I would be just as thrilled just to be able to overclock it more than 864Mhz. Could you show me how to edit the current kernel that allows that?

ZTE Merit Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews