• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail] [ROM] one.three [kernel1.0 included plus video fix] (update Apr 12)

So I'm trying out this ROM. It's been pretty fast and stable so far. How did you change the status bar? I've been trying to theme it myself but I'm having trouble decompiling/recompiling apks from this ROM.

If you use 7zip in windows, you can extract the files, edit the pngs that you want changed, and then drag them back into their proper folder in the APK (not the extracted apk folder) using 7zip and then just place the framework-res.apk back in system/framework by using a root explorer or by using adb/terminal emulator

Upvote 0
First of all, thank you a ton for the rom. It seems to be the only one, or the only one worth trying out. It seems great so far. I don't know dick about programming or any of that. However, there are a couple of things that could make it better, in my opinion. You seem to have a liiiiiittle bit of a strange sense of what is and isn't needed on people's phones:

calendar
calculator
live wallpaper
browser
att stuff

Well, the one I can understand is AT&T stuff. Nobody cares really. But all of the rest of them, to me, are the whole point of having an Android phone instead of a "dumb" phone. Even simple flip phones have browsers and calculators. I guess it gives us the option of downloading a calculator from the store if we want it or whatever. That I can understand, and thanks for giving us that option. However, we'll get one anyway, and it'll probably just take up more space than the original. That goes for the music player also. The browser eh, maybe Opera Mini is better, I don't know, whatever. You need a browser to access a lot of hot spots though, so we'd have to get one anyway.

My main thing though is this Go Launcher. I don't know why it's needed... sure it has a few cool features, but to me it's the same stuff, with a few annoyances that the stock "home screen" handled just fine. Like the little icon tray at the bottom. If I don't hit one of those buttons at an exactly 90 degree angle, it tries to slide sideways a micrometer or just flips to another page. Why would I need that many icons at the bottom? I guess that's for people that just want to see their background and have no icons on their android at all? *shrug* And if I try to hit something anywhere on the screen and accidentally slide my finger *slightly* upward, it switches to the "choose a page" quick screen, which I would never use anyway. Like flipping to another screen doesn't take 0.3 seconds anyway.

I really didn't mess too much with the stock rom when I had it, so I don't remember how it ran, but the keyboard seems a little sluggish. I can't put my finger on what it could be. Is it that Hacker Keyboard or whatever? What is that? Looks the same as the original to me. I figured that the overclock would take care of any speed issue, but it's the same. Being overclocked from 600mhz to 1ghz is a bit fishy to me. And if it really is, why force it to stay like that? Or does the Go Launcher need that to run smoothly?

But yeah, all that is just nitpicking. Despite it, I'll be using the rom, either way. Runs nicely. It's just that I'm coming from an LG Optimus V, which had pretty kick ass roms. Keep at it, and this will probably be the best rom since it's here in the beginning for this phone.

Upvote 0
You mean kinda like how they'd need Google, AT&T, and ZTE's permission to overwrite the original firmware & stuff?

I dunno, I could be wrong.

Idk if its exactly like that.... but... adw is an open source launcher, which means it can be modified, used, or destroyed without permission. Go launcher isn't, so to include it in a rom you must ask the dev first. I know for my OV people have been reprimanded for including go launcher in roms. Its not like launcher2 (open source) is bad anyways, it just needs a little theming to make it look a smidge better.

Upvote 0
If the app you would like to put in a rom is free then you do not need permissions because it is free. You only need permissions if it's a paid app.

Android is open source, but when you start modifying and tweaking stuff it voids the warranty of the device. You could always go back to stock, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure you can't OC higher than 600 on the stock kernel.

@the guy who said he's OCd to 1.1... how did you do that? The script Anthony made?

That's correct. My device is rooted, allowing me to alter some scripts, and is running one.two. Using Script Manager, I altered anthony's script to run my device within these parameters:
800mhz min.
1.1ghz max.
governer set to "ondemand"

My device runs smooth while playing the games I have, and only bogs down while streaming music or under other demanding activities. The only time I have heating issues is when I'm using it while charging, but most phones, especially touch screens, are like that.

Upvote 0
i have never actually overclocked a phone but in my experience with computers you can overclock until it blows up. The programs and stuff you download from the market to overclock im sure are just scripts with a gui but have built in caps so that you dont go too far. In which case those limitations could probably be removed or bypassed by modifying or making your own script.

CM 7 and CM9 has been ported to a similar device that will work with our device but touch screen is broke with CM7. I have not tested CM9 yet but I think it has the same issue.

Do you have a link to where i can find this rom?

Edit: Okay you must be talking about either the ZTE skate or ZTE score. Those are the most similar ZTE devices i could find. I was able to find a CM9 rom for the skate so is this the one you were talking about?

Upvote 0

I have not tried that one yet. I will look into it though. I have actually replaced my build.prop with stock and still couldn't record video. I know deleting email makes stock camera/video app force close. Idk? I also edited some stuff in the kernel and so something in it may be conflicting with it? Does it work when you edit those lines?

Upvote 0
If you replaced build.prop with stock,is it possible for us out of US to send/receive sms?Although AT&T stock rom gave me a bootloop :mad:

Did you replace build.prop stock from your carrier or att? It shouldn't have anything to do with sms. You shouldn't flash stock of any rom because it can cause a permanent brick! I hope you made a backup before installing other stuff. If not I can't help you out there.

Reactions: Lincoln357
Upvote 0
I have not tried that one yet. I will look into it though. I have actually replaced my build.prop with stock and still couldn't record video. I know deleting email makes stock camera/video app force close. Idk? I also edited some stuff in the kernel and so something in it may be conflicting with it? Does it work when you edit those lines?

yes, video recording works 100% for me after editing those lines in the build.prop. I did a fresh one.two rom flash then fix that line and all is good now. Even after making the change i went back and double check twice. set that line to false....no recording. set it to true....recording works.

Reactions: chrismbrunner
Upvote 0
Did you replace build.prop stock from your carrier or att? It shouldn't have anything to do with sms. You shouldn't flash stock of any rom because it can cause a permanent brick! I hope you made a backup before installing other stuff. If not I can't help you out there.

Anthony, are you located inside the US? if so, it makes me wonder if any of the system files could possibly have a region code or something in them that might be causing some problems like the sms and stuff not working. Assuming you are in the US then the ROM you compiled may have the US region code in it. Maybe for the various GPS services in use by almost every application on android. Another long shot but what do you think?

Upvote 0
Didn't replace anything,just flashed it.AT&T stock rom gave me a bootloop,but on the other hand,brazilian Vevo stock rom works fine so far.

Upvote 0
Seems fine so far. Keyboard still seems slightly sluggish even when overclocked, though that might just be the phone. Last phone I had was the Optimus V, which was badass. I'd have kept using it if Virgin Mobile didn't have zero coverage where I moved to...

Video recording works fine. Thanks for the new update. :)

Upvote 0
Anthony, are you located inside the US? if so, it makes me wonder if any of the system files could possibly have a region code or something in them that might be causing some problems like the sms and stuff not working. Assuming you are in the US then the ROM you compiled may have the US region code in it. Maybe for the various GPS services in use by almost every application on android. Another long shot but what do you think?

Yes, I am in the US. It is defiantly something in the system. I have changed/replaced a bunch of stuff and it still would not work. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the sms service center number. I can't find the default setting for it any where. I may have to decompile mms.apk and look inside, but that will be to much time for me. I just downloaded the other carries roms from my other posting. I think the easier way is just make a custom rom specific for there device.

Upvote 0
Seems fine so far. Keyboard still seems slightly sluggish even when overclocked, though that might just be the phone. Last phone I had was the Optimus V, which was badass. I'd have kept using it if Virgin Mobile didn't have zero coverage where I moved to...

Video recording works fine. Thanks for the new update. :)

I'm not to sure what is wrong with the keyboard thing. It is the slowest when browsing around on the Internet. I've used several keyboards and browsers and it is still slow. I will see if I can find an alternative to this. Glad you like the rom!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones