1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Available internal storage on SM-G532M

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wissaib, Jan 18, 2018.

1. wissaib

wissaib Newbie

Hello everybody

My aunt has a Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532M. This phone has 8 GB of internal storage. Here I show a few screenshots with the phone status.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, the phone barely has free space, the strangest thing is that the available space even after deleting all the deletable apps, deleting cache, and running the DELETE DUMPSTATE/LOGCAT thing, is a bit less of 1 GB. Here I show some screenshots of how the space has been used, note that currently there are only 23,3 MB of free space

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I even tried a hard reset, thinking that it would delete some unwanted and hidden files, but it didn't help.

Is there any problem with this phone? or does it really have so little available internal space? I know that this phone has an SD card inserted, but this little space available doesn't even allow to update the apps.

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Any Android device that comes with only 8GB of internal storage will be very limited as far as long term, real-world functionality. That's simply not enough storage capacity.
    Tell your aunt she needs to either take that phone back to wherever she purchased it from and get a usable upgrade, or keep it and set her expectations of general usage much lower.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. wissaib

wissaib Newbie

Thanks for your answer, so I guess that more than 90% of the available internal storage is taken by system files

4. svim

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j2_prime-8424.php
    Looking up the specs on this model, it's clearly a lower-end option. With only 1.5GB of RAM there will be frequent lag and general performance issues, and with only 8GB of storage plan on spending time trying to clear up enough open space for your aunt to just use it on a day-to-day basis.
    I'd recommend getting something with a minimum of 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, that's a common baseline for Android now anyway.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. wissaib

wissaib Newbie

Thanks for the answers. Probably we will return it and get a J5 instead

6. svim

I'm going to suggest you look for a phone with a minimum of 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, that's a very common baseline these days.

jsawjetj16 and Dannydet like this.
  7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Not 90%, but at least half will be.

love u likes this.

Samsung Galaxy J2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J2 release date was September 2015. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 3475 Quad processor, and 2000mAh battery.

September 2015
Release Date
Reviews