• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Available Memory being sucked dry

So my first real gripe with this upgrade is that it is sucking my Available Memory dry, even when just sitting on the desk not being used.

I rebooted my phone and opened ATK, and turned off all the running apps. It took the available memory to 102M.

Now my phone has been sitting on the table for about an hour. I checked ATK and it was down to 34M with only Gmail and Messages being used.

Thoughts?

This is still an issue.

Last night I killed all the open apps and put my phone asleep. Woke it back up about 30 seconds later, looked at the app killer, Messages is running again yet I have not received any text messages.

Killed it and went to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to check my phone. Messages, Amazon MP3 and Voice Dialer were all running.

To this date I have not used the Amazon MP3 or Voice Dialer at all.

How can I prevent these from running?

Thanks!

Chimpie

Upvote 0
So my first real gripe with this upgrade is that it is sucking my Available Memory dry, even when just sitting on the desk not being used.

I rebooted my phone and opened ATK, and turned off all the running apps. It took the available memory to 102M.

Now my phone has been sitting on the table for about an hour. I checked ATK and it was down to 34M with only Gmail and Messages being used.

Thoughts?

Noticed this too. When I first installed the update I had about 57% free in phone memory (not SD card), throughout the day I have been checking it and right now it's at 35%! Before the update it was consistently around 47%. What gives!?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones