1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Available Memory Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lord Nikon, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Newbie

My DX2 says that it has 404m of memory, and yet I always seem to only have around 100-120 available. I am running the Liberty ROM, and I just can't seem to get more available. It is def not as snappy as it should be, any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bolski

bolski Android Enthusiast

I have found that Liberty seems to be a little sluggish. One thing you can look at doing is getting Zepplinrox's V6 turbo charger scripts. This will allow you to modify the memory management which can provide some snappier performance.

Another option is to switch the Eclipse ROM. It's a lot snappier than Liberty.

However, you are lucky to get anything above 120mb at any one time. I'm usually hovering around 90mb. The biggest drawback to the X2 is it only has 512mb of memory whereas other phones have 1gb or more. However, using Zep's scripts can really help out with the sluggishness.

You can get Zeps scripts here:
    [Script][U9 RC4!] ALL WHEEL DRIVE -=V6 SuperCharger=- FIX RAM & Launchers, 3G & KAK! - xda-developers

You can get Eclipse here:
    [ROM] Eclipse v2.0.1 (12/13/11) - xda-developers

The latest Eclipse is 2.0.2 which fixes some issues with 2.0.1. I myself am running Eclipse 1.3 because I don't want to have to upgrade my phone from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5. 2.3.5 is NOT an official release. It is from Verizon, but they haven't released it to the general public and I had issues with it and the Android Market. I would find certain apps would be flagged as not compatible with my X2 when in reality, they were. I think it was because I was running a 2.3.5-based ROM, so I went back to Eclipse 1.3 which is 2.3.4 based.

3. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Newbie

Thanks bolski! With that script, I am running between 150 and 200 on a regular basis now! Runs like a champ, thank so much.

4. jdushey

jdushey Lurker

Hi Bolski,

I have a Droid-X2 running v2.3 standard Android OS. I have approx. 371 applications on it. My phone was extremely sluggish, sometimes taking up to a full minute before it would dial a call. At random times, the phone would reboot itself, thus delaying my usage of the phone when I really needed it. I stumbled upon your post and decided to give it a try. Well almost immediately after installing your fix did I noticed a huge improvement. Placing a call is almost immediate and my phone no longer reboots randomly. I want to thank you for your contribution to the Android community. Please keep up the good work and let us know if you decide to upgrade the software.

Jack

5. bolski

bolski Android Enthusiast

Glad to be of help. The scripts definitely help out.

I've just recently upgraded to Eclipse 2.0.3 using the same said scripts and things are running smoothly with that as well.

I had to make a small tweak to the /system/build.prop file so that the App Market would not flag my phone as incompatible with some software (due to the 2.3.5 kernel), but otherwise, it works great.

For those that are on 2.3.5 and find the market not behaving with your phone, flagging certain software as incompatible (such as GTA 3), here is the fix:

1. You need to set the /system partition to read/write (adb remount does this as does the Root Explorer app).
    2. Edit the /system/build.prop file and edit the existing lines to be as follows:
      # Set market for 2.3.4
      ro.build.description=daytona-user 2.3.4 4.5.1A-DTN-150-30 0 release-keys
      ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/daytona/daytona:2.3.4/4.5.1A-DTN-150-30/0:user/release-keys

3. Push the file back to the /system directory and then in an adb shell, execute the command "chmod 0644 /system/build.prop"
    4. Reboot the phone into recovery mode and clear the cache.

That fixed my market issues and I'm now running Eclipse 2.0.3 and loving it.

Scur likes this.

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews