1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

available storage space app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cincyrob, Mar 1, 2011.

1. cincyrob

cincyrob Android Enthusiast
    None

is there a APP for the captivate that shows how much external and internal storage space you have available? something like a filemanager or something like that? not sure if filmanager is the term i should be useing for this question.
    speaking of filemanagers is there a good filemanger to use other than the one that came on the phone?

Advertisement

2. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    astro file manager and es file explorer are good file manager apps.

you can go to

menu>settings>SD&phone storage should show you the total/available space for sd and internal.

cincyrob likes this.
  3. cincyrob

cincyrob Android Enthusiast
    None

i was just looking at the astro file manager. that does look pretty cool. will that just run as default like once installed? take over instead of what is allready on the phone now?

i didnt even see the sd&phone storage section in the menu before now.. still learning this system... it is way to sweet i think..... thanks again.

4. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2010
    Basically anything it can do, you'll have the option to set it as default. When you're picking a picture it will ask you if you want to use astro or gallery, and then there will be a use by default box you can check.

5. sremick

sremick Android Expert
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    I like Astro but sometimes it makes simple functions complicated... heh. It's powerful, though.

It seems to have a problem moving files sometimes for some reason. Yet doing it in two steps... a copy, then deleting the original... works fine. Go figure.

I've invested in Root Explorer which is simpler and works every time. Something to look into (but not free).

For keeping track of free space I can recommend the Storage Usage widget, as well as the DiskUsage app. Both are free.