• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Avatars not showing in text message app.

Texter

Aug 15, 2010
Got the gingerbread update yesterday and now the avatars are no longer visible in my text message app. They are in my contacts app, but not in the message app. Any ideas?

I tried pulling the battery, but didn't do anything. Don't want to do a master reset if I can avoid it.

This is the stock text app that I'm using.

I know it's been almost 2 years since you posted this question, not sure if you still have your mytouch4g but it may help other users.

I noticed that the avatar pics disappeared when I matched the sim number with the phone. and that people I added to the phone and not sim have the pics show up. Bottom line, to make the avatars show up, either delete the sim numbers or erase the area codes from the numbers saved on the sim.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones