• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Generally a day with moderate to heavy use.

Things I do to keep the battery going:

Turning off screen animations.
Always use wifi if possible.
I turn off wifi and mobile data if they're not needed.
Have my display on auto brightness.
I sign out of apps that I don't need to be signed into 24/7 like Ebay for example which seems to be a big drain on the battery.

That's all I can think of so far that I do to save battery.

Upvote 0
I've been in these forums a few months now - and the answer to your question is:

It really depends how you use, and how much you use your phone.

I've made it last 7 days when I only use it as a phone and other light use, and I've had it last only 3 hours when I use it non-stop with all the bells and whistles going.

And YES - I do try to extend my battery life:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...our-battery-drains-overnight.html#post4133636

Upvote 0
I received my new Note late yesterday morning and had it charged by 1pm. It was in use most of the rest of the day until around 10pm when the battery finally gave up. Wifi was on as all the time. The battery warning came on very early, some two hours before the battery actually stopped, which is probably because it was new and there was no profile built for the battery yet. So that's 9 hours of fairly intensive use and this could improve after a few charge cycles.

Ian

PS just remembered I did have it connected via USB for a short while when installing KIES, not long, maybe 15 minutes.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I disconnected my Note from an overnight charge at 8AM and used it on and off quite intensively throughout the day. WiFi was on at least half the time. It was not connected to USB at any time. I let the device run dry and it died at 10PM, so that's 14 hours. I would not normally use it that hard, so an average day's use is easily attainable I feel. I would also normally charge my phone at the office.

When I first got my HTC Desire 2 years ago I tried Juice Defender but didn't get on with it so I used widget buttons to control brightness, WiFi on/off, GPS on/off, Bluetooth, 3G, etc. Some of these switches are built in now. I'm wondering if Juice Defender has improved since I last tried it? Anyone use it on the Note?

Ian

Upvote 0
Came to the Note from a Desire and can't believe how long the battery lasts on this thing. Getting about a day with heavy to moderate usage, where as with the Desire I was lucky to get 6 hours before I rooted and then only about 12 after.

I am not actively doing anything to make the battery last longer.

I'm with Jed on this, my Desire would last me the day at work, and when I got home it would be around 50%. With my Note, same usage, it will be around 75% after a dat at work.
I charge my phone on an evening, then it is unplugged over night and the following day so it does well.

I don't do anything to save the battery, but I do only make a couple of calls and texts, maybe a bit of web surfing while I'm on a smoke break!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones