• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Average Data Usage?

I'm 1/3 through my billing month and sitting at a svelte .104 gig. I usually average betwen 1/2 and 3/4 gig. My wife will average around 1.5 on her iPhone from watching netflix from time to time. I've only gone over a gig once, the first month I had the phone. I've used wireless tether until the gingerbread update, but only occasionally and for short durations.

Upvote 0
Somewhere between 1 and 8+ gigs a month. It really depends on the amount of WiFi I use. Even though I have the unlimited plan I am pretty religious about using WiFi unless I am on 4G then it's almost always faster.

My mom was in the Hospital for almost a week and I spent a lot of time there and I used nearly 4 gigs in a few days. They have the crappiest WiFi ever, and least there was a good 3G connection.

If/when Netflix ever happens it will go up a whole lot.

Upvote 0
I use at least 30gb. Where I live, there is no high speed internet. I tether and play with alot of different roms (I'm rooted). Hopefully the rumors of being grandfathered in are true. I would literally have to change my life to accommodate a limit on my data usage. Lol, sounds exaggerated, but unfortunately all too true.

Upvote 0
I don't stream or tether and I'm on wifi at home at night. During my 8 hours of work during weekdays the only thing that uses much data is doggcatcher occasionally downloading a new audio Podcast episode. I've never used less than 5 gigs a month in the year i've had my DX. Never more than 7 though. Seems like people that use their phones at all are going to be screwed by these new plans. might be fine if you're on wifi all day everyday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones