1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support AVI & DIVX files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jokeefe10, Feb 24, 2011.

1. jokeefe10

jokeefe10 Well-Known Member

anyone know how to get avi & divx files on the xoom or a free converter that will do the trick? i get an error message that the file isn't supported.

Advertisement

2. blozout

blozout Well-Known Member

Have you tried installing vplayer or rockplayer? They support almost all video files although I don't know what their tegra 2 compatibility is like.

3. jokeefe10

yeah i have rockplayer installed but i can't even get the files on the xoom. it won't allow me to transfer them from my pc.

4. blozout

Can't help you there, havent gotten a chance to play with my xoom yet.

5. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Android Enthusiast

I couldnt find rockplayer in the market only the lite version, but it runs avi fine, I don't have any divx files to try

6. blozout

Yeah, apparently there was an issue with how you donated to the original version or something along those lines. They got around it by creating a lite version and i think they are working on a new method to pay for a non lite version.

p8ntballah21 likes this.
  7. jokeefe10

how are you guys transferring avi files to the xoom. am i missing something?? when i try to drag a file to the xoom i get an error message saying the device doesn't support this type of file. i've even tried mp4's. the only thing i can transfer are mp3's

8. blozout

im straight downloading the avi files. havent tried usb tethering to a pc yet...

9. reiththestud

reiththestud Android Enthusiast

Use Freemake to convert videos that don't work. It's full of effective presets that can be further fine-tuned and customized to your liking. I took the android preset and customized it for resolution to be "Same as source" and switched the codec from MPEG-4 to Hx264. Now all my videos convert with minimal loss of quality and they're streamlined to work on my EVO(so long as they're 720p or less), Xoom, whatever.

10. Proph

Proph Android Enthusiast

just hit yes on that message box and it will zip right over, it is a standard windows warning when transferring what windows knows to be media to a device windows doesn't have certain drivers for because windows tries to detect compatibility.... just yes and all will be good (check the box and hit yes if you are moving multiple files).

11. galaxybror

galaxybror Lurker

i wonder whether the moboplayer can help you , it supports almost any formats.
    and if your video can't play still, maybe a video converter can help you.