• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

avi to mp4 converter

I don't use iTunes but just search on "convert iTunes to mp3" and you will find what you need. It should be pretty painless.

Actually, I didn't find anything useful that way. It's all Windows or Mac software (mostly Windows, which is completely useless to me, and I'd rather avoid Mac software, as I'm in the process of migrating off of my mac).

Upvote 0
Actually, I didn't find anything useful that way. It's all Windows or Mac software (mostly Windows, which is completely useless to me, and I'd rather avoid Mac software, as I'm in the process of migrating off of my mac).

Are you on Linux then? Your message above seemed to say you avoid Windows and are migrating away from Mac.

Upvote 0
ooh! cross platform and everything!

Nice suggestion. I'll try it out later today even :)

(I'm not the OP, but I had a similar need)

Now if only there was an easy way to convert my iTunes library for use on Android.

Any non-drm itunes downloads should just be copy/paste to your phone. If you have songs with DRM, I believe there is a button somewhere in Itunes that says "Convert to non DRM" or something of that nature. It costs money to do so, but IIRC, it's not terribly expensive...

On topic, I havn't tried yet. I actually thought Handbreak was Mac only, as Mac forums where the only place I've seen it mentioned until I started looking into Droid/Android... I will give it a try this weekend to see how it compares to methods I've used in the past...

Upvote 0
does anyone know of a decent free download that does this well.
ive tried convertavitomp4.com which doesnt work for me. others put watermark on file because you are using the free version.
If your device can't play AVI vids, Avidemux is a handy free encoder and basic editing tool. MPEG-4 AVC video codec with MP3 audio codec in MP4 container should work. It would help to know what device you want to play the vids on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones