1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Avid and Force, Why?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by fruitwerks, Jul 9, 2013.

1. fruitwerks

fruitwerks Newbie

Why did ZTE create two phones that are so similar? What are the true differences? I could understand if they were for separate markets / carriers...

I start this thread because development is starting on the Avid and these are things we need to know. I know we do not have the kernel sources for this device yet, but the lack of differences (vs Avid) are very interesting to me.

Anyone have any insight?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Joethebro35

Joethebro35 Newbie

It seems like tne avid was.created first and is much less stable...maybe the force is the avid 2?

3. fruitwerks

fruitwerks Newbie

The Avid is the N9120, and the Force is the N9100, strangely the force was FCC approved 6 months or so AFTER the Avid. Not sure if this info I see is correct, but the Avid will operate on a few more bands than the Force, making it more desirable as a global product in a transitional market?

4. Joethebro35

Joethebro35 Newbie

Looking at the side by side comparison on this website, I'll take the Force over the Avid any day. They dis make one mistake about the Force only being able to take up to a 32 G micro sd though. Compare ZTE Force vs ZTE Avid 4G - GSMArc.com

5. 903Tex

903Tex Android Enthusiast

Another thing to note tmobile getting metropcs and moving all there customers slowly to their network. Making ALL cdma metropcs phones unusable by 2015!!! Which if you go thru phones then this wont matter, but still some folks keep their phones til something its absolutely needed to buy another phone.

6. tgamble160

tgamble160 Newbie

I'm using a 64gb card with no issues.

7. fruitwerks

fruitwerks Newbie

Then it must be SDXC... so really we can have 2TB memcards.. neat.

Some of those sites do not have the proper specs on many phones... just noticed there is an FM radio chip with RDS on here... not about to pay $10 for spirit fm though - who wants to listen to commercials!

8. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member

Ehm, you took a look at the Samsung portfolio lately? It's the same with almost every vendor...

9. fruitwerks

fruitwerks Newbie

I have not been paying attention :) My true intention with this thread is to figure out the differences to aid in development.

I'm not about to open mine up to see what chips are in there and we can only do so much with software. If the kernel sources are ever released, or if someone doesn't mind trying stuff that works on the Avid and risk bricking their Force, we really don't know.

The specs on the ZTE website do not even show all of the phone features so I don't think they will be much help until the device is near EOL.

10. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

I was the first to try CWMT on the Force like Kraziejedi was the first to try Root. It's all about how much chance you are willing to take to experiment on your device. ;) yuk yuk :D

ZTE Force 4G LTE Forum

The ZTE Force 4G LTE release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 427 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews