1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

avoid AT&T apps from pushing to n5?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by swerveb, Nov 6, 2013.

1. swerveb

swerveb Newbie

Powered by n5 last night.... coming in from a GS4. How do you avoid the various carrier apps to keep coming to N5 upon restart? I have a ASUS tab and another verizon GS4 (work) all tied to my gmail account. When I restart I see the asus apps, verizon apps, and at&t apps loading....

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Rempala

Rempala Lurker

N5 (at&t) is a carrier free pure android so a carrier cant push anything to it. OTA comes from google not at&t

3. swerveb

swerveb Newbie

Thanks.... but for some reason whatever ATT installed on the GS4 is listed as downloads in google.com/play. So when I loaded the phone up... all the annoying att branded software also came through. As did ASUS and Verizon stuff.

Is there a way to delete the carrier/manufacture specific apps from the play store? Luckily N5 is a pure android phone they do uninstall.

4. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire

When you signed into your Google account, you allowed it to backup/restore your data. That is why it began downloading all of your last used apps from the Play Store. Disable that and it won't happen anymore.

jhawkkw likes this.
  5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

^this is exactly the reason why. Since you have a log in Google play of either updating our downloading these AT&T apps, Google attempts to install them on your nexus 5.

swerveb likes this.
  6. drhill

drhill Android Expert

If you go to the Play Store app. Then My Apps. Go to the "all tab" find the offending app and click the X in the top right cover of that app's card. It will be removed from your list for good.

shelliewnj likes this.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews