• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Avoiding the Slide-Down feature to answer calls?

When my phone is on for a while, the screen times out (Screen Time Out - depending upon settings).

If I hit the red button on the right, the screen lights up, but I'm not yet at the Scene pages. I have to "Slide down" to get to main scene desktop.

If I have my Security set to require a pattern, I will have to enter a pattern.

For purposes of this question - assume there is No Security Pattern set. Hence, the slide down goes directly to the Scene desktop.

Screen Timeout

Menu --> Settings --> Sound & Display --> Screen Timeout -->

Various options including:

* 15-seconds
* 30-seconds
* 1 minute
* 2 minutes
* 10 minutes
* Never Timeout

If I set the Screen Timeout to 1 minute, it'll go dim, and when I hit the red button, it will require the Slide Down to get to the Scene Desktop.

If I set the Screen Timeout to "Never timeout", it'll never go dim, but this will use more battery power.

Once the Screen is Timed Out, it requires the Slide-Down feature to get to the desktop.

When receiving an incoming call, the Slide-Down feature is required to answer the call when the phone is Timed Out.

Question

Is it possible to AVOID this "Slide Down" altogether?

It seems the only way to do this is to set the

Menu --> Settings --> Sound & Display --> Screen Timeout --> Never timeout

I don't want to use "Never timeout" because this will use more battery power.

I find it annoying when I receive an incoming call, if the screen is Timed Out, I am required to use the Slide Down menu to answer the call.

Problem is, the moment I do this, it answers the call. There is no:

Answer / Decline

option available unless the screen is in non-Timed Out mode.

I want to be able to answer my phone and completely avoid having to deal with this Slide-Down feature when answering incoming calls. I don't even see the picture of the person in my contact until I slide this down.

It would be nice if I could avoid the Slide-down altogether. I would like to have it set such that when the phone rings, I can get immediately to the

Answer / Decline

option.

Is this possible?

try pressing the menu button when the screen comes on. pressing end call sends the call to voicemail
works for me anyway

Yes! I did notice that!

However, that's a two-step process.

Menu --> End Call

I like the main screen option because I have

1) The big screen and their photo if they're in my contact list

2) The big buttons that say

Answer / Decline

Just one step instead of two

When your phone rings after it has timed out just hit the end call button (the red button) and this will decline the call, if you hit the green button it will answer the call

Thanks!

That reduces it to one step.

---------------------------------

The above two responses are very helpful. However, I'm still looking for a way to remove this Slide-Down thing altogether.

But.... if it's not possible, C'est la vie!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
When my phone is on for a while, the screen times out (Screen Time Out - depending upon settings).

If I hit the red button on the right, the screen lights up, but I'm not yet at the Scene pages. I have to "Slide down" to get to main scene desktop.

If I have my Security set to require a pattern, I will have to enter a pattern.

For purposes of this question - assume there is No Security Pattern set. Hence, the slide down goes directly to the Scene desktop.

Screen Timeout

Menu --> Settings --> Sound & Display --> Screen Timeout -->

Various options including:

* 15-seconds
* 30-seconds
* 1 minute
* 2 minutes
* 10 minutes
* Never Timeout

If I set the Screen Timeout to 1 minute, it'll go dim, and when I hit the red button, it will require the Slide Down to get to the Scene Desktop.

If I set the Screen Timeout to "Never timeout", it'll never go dim, but this will use more battery power.

Once the Screen is Timed Out, it requires the Slide-Down feature to get to the desktop.

When receiving an incoming call, the Slide-Down feature is required to answer the call when the phone is Timed Out.

Question

Is it possible to AVOID this "Slide Down" altogether?

It seems the only way to do this is to set the

Menu --> Settings --> Sound & Display --> Screen Timeout --> Never timeout

I don't want to use "Never timeout" because this will use more battery power.

I find it annoying when I receive an incoming call, if the screen is Timed Out, I am required to use the Slide Down menu to answer the call.

Problem is, the moment I do this, it answers the call. There is no:

Answer / Decline

option available unless the screen is in non-Timed Out mode.

I want to be able to answer my phone and completely avoid having to deal with this Slide-Down feature when answering incoming calls. I don't even see the picture of the person in my contact until I slide this down.

It would be nice if I could avoid the Slide-down altogether. I would like to have it set such that when the phone rings, I can get immediately to the

Answer / Decline

option.

Is this possible?

Try the Advanced Telephone app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones