• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Awake time setting

I haven't seen this addressed in any of the awake time posts with the exception of one comment that the phone doesn't sleep while charging.

Under Settings>Applications>Development I unchecked "Stay Awake" and found that the phone will sleep while charging.

At 40 hours after reboot I'm at 9% wake time.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. :)

I haven't seen this addressed in any of the awake time posts with the exception of one comment that the phone doesn't sleep while charging.

Under Settings>Applications>Development I unchecked "Stay Awake" and found that the phone will sleep while charging.

At 40 hours after reboot I'm at 9% wake time.

Just thought I'd throw this out there. :)

Yes, the device ships that way from HTC, you must have checked it by accident at some point.

Upvote 0
No, never checked it.

this has been posted before a few times although it was not in a separate thread. my phone was out of the box set that way....

Odd, I have had Four Hero's now, and none of them had that feature enabled out of the box. Must be luck of the draw, or a problem with certain batches of them.

Thanks for the info guys and I stand corrected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones