• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jason81

Nov 16, 2009
My phone is showing a lot of awake time. I am trying to figure out what is keeping my phone awake. I used to use spare parts, bus on my Gs2 it force closes constantly.

Do you guys have any recommendations on a good apparently to tell you what is keeping the phone awake?

Are you using Wifi? Mine sleeps whenever the screen is off as long as I'm not using Wifi. If it's on Wifi it barely sleeps. I haven't looked into it yet, I'm sure it's a setting on one of my apps that has it syncing often when on Wifi.

Some tips for reducing awake time:
disable as much background syncing as possible
individual apps often report usage and whatnot, disable those options
set Facebook to either Wifi only or manual sync
find an app that tells you which apps are issuing wakelocks
disabling the use of network time/date helped on my Photon, but I haven't needed to disable it on my GS2

Upvote 0
My phone is showing a lot of awake time. I am trying to figure out what is keeping my phone awake. I used to use spare parts, bus on my Gs2 it force closes constantly.

Do you guys have any recommendations on a good apparently to tell you what is keeping the phone awake?

Try playing with settings here:
Settings -> Accounts and sync.
It can be a big battery saver, but you sacrifice some functionality (ie. automatic getting emails etc..).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones