• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Android Update 4 Released

So I'm running Awesome Android with Awesome theme (the one on this thread) and my Google play store icon on my home screen just randomly un- themed itself; rebooting did nothing, I'm thinking I'll need to reflash the theme to fix it. Maybe it updated I guess, but is this normal?

U 2? I had the same issue... Reflashed theme to fix. Theme stuck so far..

Upvote 0
The MMS and Contacts are taking longer to theme then i thought. Here's what i have on the Contacts

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361714001438.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361714001438.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 0
Update posted theme's are not final. There is issues, apps work fine though. If you see an issue post it. I need a list for next week so i can fix the theme's.

Shin,

I'm confused. Is update 3 available, elsewhere, (like at Goo)?

Or, are you incrementally updating, update 2, (already posted on page one of this thread)?

... never mind, found update 3 on goo.im

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading Shinjistu_Update.zip

Upvote 0
So I'm running Awesome Android with Awesome theme (the one on this thread) and my Google play store icon on my home screen just randomly un- themed itself; rebooting did nothing, I'm thinking I'll need to reflash the theme to fix it. Maybe it updated I guess, but is this normal?

U 2? I had the same issue... Reflashed theme to fix. Theme stuck so far..

Yes, play store it has been updated by google to a new version (3.10.14), I'll have an update for it sometime tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Update posted theme's are not final. There is issues, apps work fine though. If you see an issue post it. I need a list for next week so i can fix the theme's.

So far the only issues I've found is the messaging one that was posted earlier, the favorites in contacts isn't themed and (I'm not sure if it should do this or not but) you can pull down the pull down menu when the phone is locked with long press. The others don't do this.

Anyways, I couldn't thank you enough, shin, for making my phone actually usable. I hated this thing before I got rooted and put on your rom. No longer am I stressed and annoyed with it. I wanted to destroy this thing before. You're the man shin. Thanks again.

Edit: So to install this I went into cwm and deleted cache/devlik and installed. Is this correct?

Upvote 0
The pulldown toggles are really neat, which means I can get rid of my power control bar :smokingsomb: really cool. I like the black/grey msg thing, but can't see any flashing cursor to know my typing location. As for contacts/phone #'s... Very difficult to read grey /w/white typing. Where did the time in the status bar go?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones