• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Android Update 4 Released

Is there a chance somebody could throw the CM9 messaging.apk in a flashable zip for me? the one in in the rom has a glitch where its black text on a dark background so its hard to read.

When I installed update 3, (to Shinrus Awesome Android), the messages and contacts, became too hard to read, but when I re-installed Guspeeds Awesome Android Theme, that was corrected.

http://androidforums.com/warp-seque...awesome-theme-guspeed-update-2-24-2013-a.html

Damn that took forever to find. I must be tired.

Anyway, IF this helps, good, if not, no harm done right?

Upvote 0
question: I installed this rom, and then goo manager told me there was an update, which it downloaded update 3. Do I need to download and installed updates 1 and 2 and install them?

if I do that, will it mess up my rom?

Having also done the jump to Awesom Android, but before upgrade 3 existed, I'd say yes to installing update 1 and 2 and 3 and gapps, (mostly since what harm will it do?).

Somewhere in this thread, someone, posted in the comments, his clarification of how and what's involved in successfully loading this ROM, and it's gapps, and each successive update.

I understand the guessing game can be hard on the nerves, so I slow down, read, than re-read, and than assemble (on paper) the step's suggested. I still screw up, but it's always because I'm impatient and too casual ... thinking I "get it" when I really don't have the slightest idea of how to do something, (that apparently "everyone one else" get's so damned easily).

Read especially the posts by the people who "bricked" their phones. It's humbling to know, that easily could be me, if I don't self-restraint, and take every precaution I'm talking about.

Upvote 0
Let me get this completely straight. I install RC-1, then Update 1, then Update 2?
I'm not quite sure how gapps fits in. Would I install that after RC-1, U1, and U2? I don't really feel like bricking my phone again, which was because I wasn't completely clear about what I needed to do.

Install rc1 than install update 1, then install update 2, then install update 3, than install the gapps package...voila!!

Reactions: Josh 443
Upvote 0
Be careful with aweaome android it fried my sd card. No offence shin

Hey it might have I'm not sure....but just weird it happened to me twice on awesome Android....it also could be a ZTE hardware issue....I had my sd card unexpectedly unmount today on stock and that can burn out sd card also and that's what my second sandisk card kept doing on awesome......we'll never know till more get fried lol

Upvote 0
I can't see a ROM burning an SD card, unless it constantly reads, writes to, and erases data from the same blocks over and over.

I'd imagine Android would slow to a crawl if that was happening. I've burned up SD cards by using Apps2SD with Android, however I expected it because every time you access that app, its going to read and write to the SD card.

SD card life is finite. It will only take so many reads, writes, and erases before it dies. How heavy you use the card will determine its life.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones