1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Awesome Augmented Reality game - Paparazzi

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by PixelPunch, Jun 7, 2011.

1. PixelPunch

PixelPunch Lurker
    None

Brand new, Qualcomm's No.1 rated Augmented reality game!

Requirements: Android 2.1 +
    Overview:
    [​IMG]

You will become a paparazzi, who has to make money by taking pictures of the celebrity trapped in Augmented Reality world. As we all know celebrities hate paparazzies, so as you get closer and snap more pictures of this superstar, he will become angry and he will try to break your camera. When he is really pissed off he will even jump on your phone. The only thing you can do then is try to shake him off, otherwise your camera will be damaged...and cameras cost a lot of money!

Features:

Advertisement

2. reddragon72

reddragon72 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 1, 2010
    Wait....what....

odd, but I guess it'll attract a few people. Just a little odd, but +1 for originality.

Where is my rock'm sock'm robots!!!!! now that will be interesting.

3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Does this game have an unlockable bonus mission where you can be the 'legit' media and chase around Sarah Palin in her tour bus like a paparazzi?

4. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Whats with all these AR "games"

5. Dan Fury

Dan Fury Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 17, 2010
    Qualcomm finally allowed the commercial use of their AR Kit. They hosted a dev challenge with 250k$ in price money, which attracted many developers who can now finally sell their game. That's the challenge Paparazzi won, which is why he wrote it's Qualcomm's best rated game. From all the games I played at the Qualcomm booth at MWC, Paparazzi was the best and the most innovative of the bunch. I participated myself and knew that I had no chance after I played it.

What I like to know is did you develop the game further with the price money or is it pretty much the same version that won the dev challenge?

Oh and I hope you'll update the game with &#8364; support as soon as switchable image targets are allowed. :)